- Reboot the computer.
- When you see the Dell logo during POST, press the F2 key to enter the setup screen.
- On the System Setup screen, press the Right Arrow key to move to the Exit menu.
- Press the Down Arrow key until RestoreDefaults is highlighted, and press the Enter key.
How do I factory reset my Dell Inspiron Windows 10?
- Click Start , then type "ereset."e
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Keep my files.
- Note any apps or drivers that must be reinstalled after the refresh has completed.
How do I restore my Dell Inspiron to factory settings?
- Click the Start button (the Windows 10 icon), and type Reset.
- Select Reset this PC in the System Settings.
- Under the Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- In the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
How do I reformat my Dell Inspiron 11?
Perform a Factory Reset – Dell Inspiron 11z. Hold down the power key and immediately hold down the F8 key when the device is turned off. Click Next with USA selected for the keyboard input method. Make sure the password field is blank in the System Recovery options window and click OK.
How do you get to the boot menu on a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series?
Press F12 after the Dell logo appears on the screen to access the Start menu. Once the message appears prepare the start menu. Once the boot menu is loaded select USB recovery device under UEFI BOOT.
How do I force my laptop to factory reset?
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I completely wipe my Dell laptop?
- Restart the computer. …
- Press the down arrow. …
- Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
- Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
- Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory settings without logging in?
Turn on the laptop. When the Dell logo first appears on the screen press and hold the F8 key again until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select Change Computer and press Enter. The System Recovery Settings screen opens.
How do I free up space on my Dell Inspiron 11 3000?
- Run Disk Cleanup.
- Free up disk space with Storage Sense (Windows 10)
- Uninstall non-essential applications and games.
- Move personal data to external hard drive.
- Save new personal files to another hard drive.
- Disable hibernation in Windows.
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus software.
How do I unlock my Dell Inspiron laptop without the password?
Go to the Microsoft Recovery page on any device other than a locked laptop. Enter the account details associated with your Microsoft account (Skype account email number) and click Next. Confirm your identity during the password reset process.
How do I update BIOS on Dell Inspiron 11 3000?
Scroll down and click to expand the BIOS. Click Download to download the latest BIOS version for your computer. After completing the email go to the folder where you saved the BIOS update file. Double-click the BIOS Documentation Update icon and follow the on-screen instructions.