- Touch or click Start.
- Touch or click Control Panel.
- Touch or click Devices and Printers.
- Touch and hold or right-click the printer.
- Touch or click Set as default printer.
How do I set my printer as default in Windows 10?
To select a default printer select the Start button then select Settings. Go to Devices > Printers.
How do I set a printer as my default?
- Choose Start→Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window appears. …
- Right-click any printer that isn’t set as the default and choose Set as Default Printer from the shortcut menu. …
- Click the Close button in the Devices and Printers window.
How do I get Windows 11 to recognize my printer?
- Open Settings. …
- Navigate to Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select Add device, wait a few seconds for Windows to locate the printer, and then select Add device next to the one you want to install. …
- Wait while the printer gets installed.
Why can’t I make my printer the default printer?
Press WinI on your keyboard to check the Windows settings and go to Devices-Printers and Scanners. Scroll down to allow Windows Manager to handle the default printer options. Check if it is activated. If not add a bookmark and print anything.
How do I make my HP printer the default printer?
Click the Windows icon () Click Tools and Printers. The Tools and Printers window opens. Right-click on your HP product and then click Set as Default Printer. Symbol () appears next to your HP product.
What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. Scroll down to see the options (and the check boxes you can check): eBlet Windows Manage my default printers Windows offers the commands below Options: When this option is enabled Windows will set your default printer to the position of the printer you end up using.
Should my printer be set as default?
Sometimes you need to print to a new printer. This could be by changing your desk or your office or changing your network. For efficiency you print the default printer which you use the most or which you are most comfortable using.