- Then, locate and click on the ‘Power Options’ tile from the grid to continue.
- After that, on the ‘Power Options’ screen, click on the ‘Choose what closing the lid does’ option situated in the top right section of the window.
Why does my laptop lid turn off when I close Windows 11?
Windows 11 is designed to close automatically when you close the lid of your laptop to save power. This feature has always been part of the Windows platform but it’s easy to disable so you don’t fall asleep when you close the screen or lid of your laptop.
How do I make my laptop stay on while closed?
- Right-click the Battery icon in the Windows System Tray. …
- Then select Power Options.
- Next, click Choose what closing the lid does. …
- Then, choose Do Nothing next to When I close the lid. …
- Finally, click Save changes.
How do I keep my computer from going to sleep when I close it Windows 11?
To adjust power and sleep settings in Windows 11 select Start> Settings> System> Power
How do I keep my computer from going to sleep when I close the lid?
- Go to Control Panel -> Power Options.
- Click Choose when to turn off the display in the left pane.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Go to Power buttons and lid and expand Lid close action.
- Change Plugged in to Do nothing.
How do I keep my laptop active?
- Type “power” into the Windows 10 search box and click the “Power & sleep settings” option at the top of the results list. …
- When the “Power & sleep” screen opens, select “Additional power settings” to open Windows 10’s Power Options.
How do I keep my laptop screen on constantly?
First go to Settings> System> Power.